Character Concept Artist
San Francisco or Remote
Taiyaki is looking for a concept artist to design a large series of new character concepts that will be developed into 3D avatars for virtual content creators. We are looking for someone with experience creating realistic humanoid characters and apparel, preferably with experience designing for science fiction and high-tech fantasy environments (e.g. Arcane, Crysis). We are focused on building characters that can be utilized across a variety of platforms such as Maya, Blender, Unreal Engine, Unity, and VRChat.
- Design series of characters across multiple titles & brands, each with their distinctive characteristics while maintaining cohesive feel within titles.
- Create character art assets (clothing, accessories, and variations) for each base character to support avatar customization and diversity.
- Work within a team of artists, engineers, and designers to produce high quality character designs
- 4+ years of experience developing concept characters in the game and/or film industry
- A diverse portfolio showing skills in realistic and stylized character concepts
- Experience working in digital production pipelines
- Experience working in content-driven game engines (Unity, Unreal)
- Knowledge of industry tools such as Substance Painter/Designer, Marvelous Designer, Adobe Suite, etc.
- Ability to pivot methods and strategies based on the landscape of projects
- Experience working and communicating with a multidisciplinary team for content creation
- Experience creating and managing traits and attributes for generative character collections a huge plus (ie. NFT collections)
- Knowledge of working with 3D modeling tools (Maya, Blender, etc)
- Experience working with Unreal MetaHumans
- Knowledge of upcoming relevant technology
- Strong English communication skills
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject [Character Artist] and a PDF (<5 mb) or link to a body of work